FTM Surgery Support Forums
new to this - Printable Version

+- FTM Surgery Support Forums (https://www.ftmsurgery.net/forums)
+-- Forum: Community Center (https://www.ftmsurgery.net/forums/f-community-center)
+--- Forum: Introductions (https://www.ftmsurgery.net/forums/f-introductions)
+--- Thread: new to this (/t-new-to-this)

new to this - kee8tr - 12-13-2013

I am approaching my 45th year and have finally come to the end of my ability to live this lie. I want out of this body. I want to be who I feel I am. Can anyone suggest a doctor to help get me started with testosterone? I live in the midwest and am concerned about finding a Doctor who can and or will help. Appreciate any advice any of you might have. Thanks

RE: new to this - Joshua - 12-13-2013

Hey there, welcome to the forums!
Whereabouts in the Midwest are you? I'm sure we can come up with the names of good doctors within a reasonable distance from you.

RE: new to this - kee8tr - 04-14-2014

(12-13-2013, 05:08 PM)Joshua Wrote: Hey there, welcome to the forums!
Whereabouts in the Midwest are you? I'm sure we can come up with the names of good doctors within a reasonable distance from you.

Josh - I am from central Il - specifically springfield. I can't stand this body. I hate it. I want to end this. I need testosterone.

I just can't wait. Please help. If I can' t fix it I want to end it. I just can't be this anymore.

RE: new to this - Joshua - 04-14-2014

This CAN be fixed.

Do you have a primacy care provider (PCP)? Generally, your PCP refers you to an endocrinologist (though trans-knowledgeable PCPs can Rx testosterone without an endo.)

Unless the doctor prescribing your testosterone operates under the informed consent model, you will also need a therapist to write a letter of support ("The T Letter".)

Dr. Schechter in Chicago has a multi-disciplinary team (primary care physician and psychologist) that may be able to provide assistance and/or information.

There are some links here to trans organizations in Illinois.

Find links to support groups in IL here.

You could also try contacting a local LGBT organization for doctor leads and info.

Please let me know if this is helpful!

RE: new to this - kee8tr - 04-14-2014

Thank you Joshua. I'll start with the Chicago doctors. that is fairly close. Sometimes I just feel really afraid of being stuck in this thing.

Best - k

(04-14-2014, 04:25 PM)Joshua Wrote: This CAN be fixed.

Do you have a primacy care provider (PCP)? Generally, your PCP refers you to an endocrinologist (though trans-knowledgeable PCPs can Rx testosterone without an endo.)

Unless the doctor prescribing your testosterone operates under the informed consent model, you will also need a therapist to write a letter of support ("The T Letter".)

Dr. Schechter in Chicago has a multi-disciplinary team (primary care physician and psychologist) that may be able to provide assistance and/or information.

There are some links here to trans organizations in Illinois.

Find links to support groups in IL here.

You could also try contacting a local LGBT organization for doctor leads and info.

Please let me know if this is helpful!

RE: new to this - Joshua - 04-14-2014

I totally understand! Getting the ball rolling can seem overwhelming, but one foot in front of the other will get you to where you want to be.