TallAndDark
TallAndDark
TallAndDark   08-05-2015, 09:26 AM
I'm in my early teens and have been suffering with depression before, and generally have a bad relationship/control with my emotions. When I experience either body dysphoria or concern over my future (either financially or otherwise) I become overly sad and confused, more so than a normal experience of sadness. The reason I post this here is because it often related to being transgender and I was wondering if any of you experience this or if you have any methods that can help calm down as this is more serious topics and I would imagine an average psychiatrist would have problems understanding this.

Thank you
Joshua
Joshua
Joshua   08-08-2015, 01:22 PM
Thanks for posting. I can understand some of what you are going through.

If you are located somewhere that might have a trans youth group, I recommend finding it. Having a safe space and friends who can understand is a huge help. For more immediate ideas, check out these two links:

25 Things I Do To Make My Body Dysphoria Feel Smaller and Quieter
How do I deal with dysphoria?

Hope this helps!
This post was last modified: 08-08-2015, 01:32 PM by Joshua.

Joshua
soulsearcher921
soulsearcher921
soulsearcher921   02-06-2016, 10:26 AM
I just turned 18, and while I'm so excited that I'm finally able to start making appointments and getting the surgeries and hormones I need, I get SO stressed thinking about all of the financial troubles I'm going through and how the crap I'm gonna pay for this stuff?! :S
My dysphoria gets really bad everytime I have to get up, go out and put a binder on, especially when I have to go to school for 7 hours a day with that thing on and with people still addressing me as female... :/ Do you also experience that "getting up and going to school" struggle? I'm in my last year of high school and looking back, I don't know how I made it...I've dreaded going to school since the day I've started kindergarten. XP I live with my girlfriend, so when I get REALLY bad body dysphoria I sometimes end up taking it out on her and I feel awful afterwards... ): Usually I just need to distract myself and redirect my attention to something else...like go for a walk, LISTEN TO MUSIC (because music helps with everything), draw or write my feelings out, anything that can redirect my thoughts. Sometimes I just need to sleep it off and let the thoughts pass if they're really bad... Those are the things I do but I know when really bad body dysphoria kicks in, sometimes, there's just no stopping it. Just remember, one day you are GOING to get what you need, you're so strong for dealing with the pain and just think of how amazing it's going to feel when you reach that day.

Hope this helped a little, keep your head up man! (0:

-Dakota
This post was last modified: 02-06-2016, 10:30 AM by soulsearcher921.
nick101
nick101
nick101   06-24-2018, 06:21 AM
I think this is perfectly normal, especially for teenagers. Engage yourself in activities, anything that you like.
godzillachild
godzillachild
godzillachild   10-01-2018, 01:27 PM
Ah yes, that old bastard depression. In all seriousness, I suffer from it too, and I'm 22. I'm sorry you're still in school, that must be very difficult.

I hope you have a good therapist (or someone supportive to talk to) but even if you do not, take good care of yourself as much as you can. Take showers, journal or draw, watch your favorite movies or find some other escapism, stay away from anything that triggers you (if you can- that isn't always an option)...just go easy on yourself, because you're doing the best you can. Don't give up, okay?