soulsearcher921
soulsearcher921
soulsearcher921   02-06-2016, 10:26 AM
I just turned 18, and while I'm so excited that I'm finally able to start making appointments and getting the surgeries and hormones I need, I get SO stressed thinking about all of the financial troubles I'm going through and how the crap I'm gonna pay for this stuff?! :S
My dysphoria gets really bad everytime I have to get up, go out and put a binder on, especially when I have to go to school for 7 hours a day with that thing on and with people still addressing me as female... :/ Do you also experience that "getting up and going to school" struggle? I'm in my last year of high school and looking back, I don't know how I made it...I've dreaded going to school since the day I've started kindergarten. XP I live with my girlfriend, so when I get REALLY bad body dysphoria I sometimes end up taking it out on her and I feel awful afterwards... ): Usually I just need to distract myself and redirect my attention to something else...like go for a walk, LISTEN TO MUSIC (because music helps with everything), draw or write my feelings out, anything that can redirect my thoughts. Sometimes I just need to sleep it off and let the thoughts pass if they're really bad... Those are the things I do but I know when really bad body dysphoria kicks in, sometimes, there's just no stopping it. Just remember, one day you are GOING to get what you need, you're so strong for dealing with the pain and just think of how amazing it's going to feel when you reach that day.

Hope this helped a little, keep your head up man! (0:

-Dakota
This post was last modified: 02-06-2016, 10:30 AM by soulsearcher921.