Overall satisfaction?Poll:
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Thumbs up!
3 (75.00%)
Thumbs down!
0 (0%)
So-so.
0 (0%)
Too early to tell. (Will update later)
1 (25.00%)
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
underwaterdiver
underwaterdiver
underwaterdiver   09-30-2016, 02:02 AM
Who did your phalloplasty? When did you have the procedure and which did you choose?
Dr Chen of Brownstein&Crane Surgical Services performed rff phalloplasty in August 2016 with the new micro team, including Drs Perrett and Chang.

What was the estimated cost? Did you have help from insurance?
I do not know the cost as I am a Kaiser patient through medi-cal. I did not have to pay a co-payment.

Where did you stay? What did it cost?
I stayed at an air bnb about 30minutes from the Brownstein&Crane office in Greenbrae. It was just under $1500 for a 30-day stay. I am in the process of being reimbursed by my insurance for this stay.

How (and how long) has recovery time been? Any complications? Were they resolved on their own or did they require further surgery/revisions?
I am still recovering and will be for a significant amount of time. I began to feel a bit back to normal around weeks 4 and 5 though am still easily worn out, do not do too much and am very attentive to my body's reactions to my daily tasks. I have encountered a fistula (which I hope will heal on its own) and an aesthetic issue with my scrotum that will be revised surgically in my next stage.

What stage are you on/how many left? Which stages are you planning?

I am out of stage 1. I plan to have 2 more - next for glansplasty and the scrotum revision, fistula repair if it does not heal on its own. The third stage will be for my testicular implants and the erectile device.

How is sensation/erotic sensation? How much time did it take to regain? Are orgasms different?

I can feel pressure in many places throughout the shaft. That began around week 3. I have felt what was my "clitoris" from the day of surgery in the base area. I feel soreness in my scrotum. I cannot feel heat/coolness yet. I do not have erotic sensation throughout the shaft yet but definitely can reach orgasm from stimulating the base and my scrotum. Orgasming was possible since week 5 or so and feel much better with having the right equipment.

How are your aesthetics?
I love how it all looks so far. already I am excited to see how it comes together with the scrotum revision and glansplasty.

Are you happy? Has dysphoria lessened? Any regrets?

I wish I could have gotten it earlier haha. I will be 25 soon. I am very happy, very content, very satisfied. I have no dysphoria surrounding my physical body. Of course this does not mean I dont struggle with matters such as not being able to impregnate a woman or have a penis with natural erections..but hey, I am at a truce with what technology has allowed me to have and am extremely grateful for that Smile

Would you recommend your surgeon and procedure to others seeking bottom surgery?

Definitely, without a doubt! Dr Chen is extremely positive but practical and straight forward. He is patient with all my worries and concerns and thorough ensuring I understand all he is doing to get the best results for what I'm looking for. As for my procedure, I have the closest thing to the penis I should have been born with, a sac that will soon have testicular implants, can void while standing, have penetrative sex eventually, am gaining more sensation as the days go by and still can reach orgasm (from what I hear talking to post op guys, this isn't rare anymore as some people claim based upon outdated info...). Couldn't ask for a better situation given the cards I was dealt Smile