lh2s
lh2s
lh2s   06-28-2017, 07:01 AM
It's been almost a month since my top surgery.
I can verify everything stated in the post above.

My surgery went smoothly, and my healing is continuing to go well. No issues at all. Still some swelling under my armpits but it goes up and down, and I gently massage around it to help the fluid disperse. It's mostly gone now though. And I believe once it's fully gone there will be no "dog ears".

Bruising is all gone. Stitches all absorbed. Nipple scabs peeled off and their healthy and beautifully placed. The scars are starting to fade (using a cream
I have for facial rosacea) and smooth out. When I raise my arms above shoulder height it's still a little hard, and there's a bit of a pulling sensation. Stretching every day, gently, is helping it.

It was really nice to have the binder provided and the supplies for dressing changes. Honestly I don't know how he can afford to include it, but it's so nice not to have to try and find it or buy it before hand (or just after).

Dr Wolf and his staff are so wonderful. His bedside manner is the best. He's honest and patient with any questions. His staff treated my friend who drove me, and the friends of the next surgery patient really well as they waited. I'm recommending him to everyone.

As to the surgery-
I basically took it easy for the first week. Walking around the house. Sleeping in a recliner. Then propped half up on the sofa for about two and a half weeks when I returned back to my apartment. It's important to walk around or to move around, so I took my normal pain medicine (Motrin) during the day. Didn't want to but took the Percocet at night, as turning on my side cuased some amount of pain. I would really recommend sleeping in a recliner. It's easier to get in and out of, even if you're a side sleeper.

I did my dressing changes (starting the second week) standing up in front of the mirror. I got all the supplies ready, taping all of the bandages for each side together before using. (I din't tape them to myself when wearing the binder.) Put my binder on, then applied the antibiotic to my nipples. Put the dressing over them. It stayed in place with the antibiotic. Then I put the antibiotic on my left scars and the taped together gauze/abdominal dressing on the side over the stitches. I sort of squeezed my arm to my side to hold it in place. Did the same on my right side. And then I put the front gauze in place and hooked the binder. Sometimes I put a piece of tape onto the front gauze, so it could be secured to the left side without falling on the floor, before doing the right side.