Pages (3):    1 2 3
jaylee
jaylee
jaylee   05-10-2017, 06:51 PM
Mason,
I wanna say that when I consulted with Dr. Bowers, yes, she was doing both simple and as she describes ring meta too. Maybe she wasn't doing everything in one surgery rather she was doing at least two series. I also was pretty certain that I wanted a v-nectomy and she didn't them but didn't recommend. I knew that I didn't want to go through several procedures.
It must have been in 2015 when I had the initial consult with Bowers by phone. I later decided I needed to see in person the surgeons I was going to trust with my junk. Both of them only do consults on certain days of the week and book out. So You're right both are in SF area..Chen in Marin County just north of Golden Gate Bridge (north of SF) and Bowers in South San Francisco, literally only a short distance from SFO airport.
It really is a personal decision....with so many things factored in. I was also going to meet with Dr. Schetcher (sp) in Chicago but it got too complicated. It's best to do all your research and have conversations with lots of surgeons...it also took me a year to really decide what procedure I'd be happy with and what worked best with my existing anatomy. Good luck Jay
mason_
mason_
mason_   05-10-2017, 09:54 PM
Thanks Jay. I really appreciate all your feedback and sharing your process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages (3):    1 2 3