Joshua
Joshua
Joshua   01-09-2014, 03:32 PM
It seems like few trans men seek out facial masculinization surgery, yet I know that many guys do have some work done. It's so rare to find any mention online though!

And I guess I understand why: I feel a bit embarrassed about considering chin implant surgery. Transition has changed my thinking on cosmetic surgery, and there's really no reason for me to feel that way. (No, I don't consider SRS to be cosmetic, but I do feel that my desire for a chin implant is cosmetic--I don't need it to pass, I want it for cosmetic reasons.)

I'm interested in hearing from anyone who's had FMS done, particularly chin implant surgery. Given the chance to go back, would you do it again? Anything you'd do differently? Tips? Thank you in advance!

Joshua
tomcat1981
tomcat1981
tomcat1981   10-14-2015, 01:26 AM
Well, I don't exactly know what a chin implant is, but I've been considering a jaw implant to make me jawline more defined... Are they the same thing? There has got to be a site where they describe these kinds of things and show pictures!
Joshua
Joshua
Joshua   10-14-2015, 01:23 PM
Jaw implants strengthen the jaw lines while a chin implant creates a more pronounced chin. You can see photos of mostly jaw implant results here but there are also a couple of patients on that page who had both jaw and chin implants, which should illustrate the difference between the two types of implants.

Both procedures are part of Facial Masculinization Surgery (FMS.)

Joshua
Daniels Socrates
Daniels Socrates
Daniels Socrates   05-21-2019, 12:17 AM
I have a plan for facial masculinization surgery ( chin surgery ), here is the hospital that I looking forward to going. it looks good result, what do you think?

https://www.kamolhospital.com/en/service...e-surgery/
This post was last modified: 05-21-2019, 02:23 AM by Daniels Socrates.
Joshua
Joshua
Joshua   05-24-2019, 01:54 PM
That's a good page of info, thanks for sharing!
I've been starting to hear more about people having facial masculinization surgery in the past few years.
I hope you get exactly what you are looking for!

Joshua