mbreezy85
mbreezy85
mbreezy85   05-31-2017, 07:38 PM
Hi!!!

How many Top Surgeons would y'all recommend consulting with before making a decision? I know i should see more than one, but I really want to get the scheduling part done so I thought I would ask so I don't make a rush decision since I really want these things off of me.
uncle_ralph
uncle_ralph
uncle_ralph   06-23-2017, 05:35 PM
(05-31-2017, 07:38 PM)mbreezy85 Wrote: Hi!!!

How many Top Surgeons would y'all recommend consulting with before making a decision? I know i should see more than one, but I really want to get the scheduling part done so I thought I would ask so I don't make a rush decision since I really want these things off of me.

Honestly, I have spent hours on the internet looking at Youtube, Instagram, Transbucket, and wading through forums like this to find recommendations, reviews, and before and after pics that I liked. Then I narrowed my list down of 'likes' (for me, I have to consider cost and location), and am working on finalizing my choice. When I get to the point of scheduling a consult, I'll start with my first choice and if I feel good about that, then I'll only consult with one. If I don't feel great about it, I'll set up a consult with the next one, etc. I don't know what most people do, but that's how I am approaching it. Hope that helps! Good luck!
Clareis30
Clareis30
Clareis30   08-23-2017, 06:12 PM
Do you guys know how many minors got top surgery last year? Even just a ballpark number?
Joshua
Joshua
Joshua   08-24-2017, 05:13 PM
I don't think that data exists. Only recently did the, was it the American Board of Plastic Surgery?, start querying member surgeons about transgender surgeries they are performing. On top of that, there's lack of clarity with regards to WPATH recommendations on surgery for minors. It does seem like more minors are gaining access to top surgery, but solid numbers aren't here quite yet.

Joshua