Pages (2): 1 2   
zanderkeig
zanderkeig
zanderkeig   11-15-2012, 08:22 PM
I completed the phalloplasty process with Dr. Toby Meltzer (Scottsdale, AZ, USA) in 2008.

If you have any questions send me a message.

Zander Keig, MSW
Editor / Author
Letters for my Brothers
www.lettersformybrothers.com
Mr. Anonymous
Mr. Anonymous
Mr. Anonymous   12-05-2012, 09:05 AM
Hello,

I've been thinking about making a consultation with Dr. Meltzer and I'm curious about how your surgery went with him. How much did it cost?

(11-15-2012, 08:22 PM)zanderkeig Wrote: I completed the phalloplasty process with Dr. Toby Meltzer (Scottsdale, AZ, USA) in 2008.

Zander Keig, MSW
Editor / Author
Letters for my Brothers
breelion50
breelion50
breelion50   01-20-2013, 01:46 AM
Hi Zander,

I too am interested in your sx experience with Dr. Toby Meltzer and how you feel about the working and aesthetic quality of your results. Why did you choose him over North American surgeons and how well and quickly did you heal. Of course I too am interested in the costs incurred (with travel expenses) and how you were able to afford this? I am considering every option right now despite being quite broke. Thanks for any info you can afford us. I am also interested in how you started getting yourself into shape post top surgery. Do you have any exercise advice. I am currently 5.5 weeks post-op with Dr. Garramone. Thanks Zander.
zanderkeig
zanderkeig
zanderkeig   01-22-2013, 12:16 PM
hey brother.

First off, i should let you know that my entire phallo process was covered by insurance (100%!!). My wife's employer, the city/county of san francisco provides $75,000 worth of trans surgical care.

I am very pleased with the results. I do not go into details with people i am not familiar with, but i recommend buying a copy of Hung Jury, which is a brand new ftm anthology with 15 stories from guys with phallo and meta experiences. www.facebook.com/hungjurybook

I chose meltzer over others due his outcomes and because he was connected to my health insurance. he was closer to me, i am in california and he is in arizona. that made it easier to travel back and forth.

insurance paid for travel and lodging too.

Zander

(01-20-2013, 01:46 AM)breelion50 Wrote: Hi Zander,

I too am interested in your sx experience with Dr. Toby Meltzer and how you feel about the working and aesthetic quality of your results. Why did you choose him over North American surgeons and how well and quickly did you heal. Of course I too am interested in the costs incurred (with travel expenses) and how you were able to afford this? I am considering every option right now despite being quite broke. Thanks for any info you can afford us. I am also interested in how you started getting yourself into shape post top surgery. Do you have any exercise advice. I am currently 5.5 weeks post-op with Dr. Garramone. Thanks Zander.
alexv
alexv
alexv   04-06-2013, 08:07 AM
(11-15-2012, 08:22 PM)zanderkeig Wrote: I completed the phalloplasty process with Dr. Toby Meltzer (Scottsdale, AZ, USA) in 2008.

Zander Keig, MSW
Editor / Author
Letters for my Brothers

how much your surgery cost and did you have any complications
TM59
TM59
TM59   04-17-2013, 07:33 PM
Has anyone had any experience with Dr. Crane?

Zander Keig, MSW
Editor / Author
Letters for my Brothers

Yes, how long before you were able to stand to pee, or just walk around. Was the recovery long?
This post was last modified: 04-17-2013, 07:35 PM by TM59.
medman
medman
medman   10-29-2013, 10:00 AM
I'll be having my phalloplasty on November 26, 2013 with Dr. Salgado in Miami, Fl. He has done mine in 2 stages the first one being the creating of a neourethra in my graft site (forearm) that is later being used for the phallo. The first stage was done Aug 12, 2013. I would be happy to share info about him too if anyone is interested. Mine is also being covered by insurance so I don't have any prices off hand.
John
John
John   11-07-2013, 11:19 PM
Medman,
I am currently looking at ALT with Crane but have heard very little about Salgado and have seen none of his results. I am looking to have insurance cover my costs. Do you know of any place, person who has shared results from Selgado? Does he also do ALT? If you used insurance (which one?), what was that process like working with his staff? I am also available to chat offline. Thanks.

(10-29-2013, 10:00 AM)medman Wrote: I'll be having my phalloplasty on November 26, 2013 with Dr. Salgado in Miami, Fl. He has done mine in 2 stages the first one being the creating of a neourethra in my graft site (forearm) that is later being used for the phallo. The first stage was done Aug 12, 2013. I would be happy to share info about him too if anyone is interested. Mine is also being covered by insurance so I don't have any prices off hand.
Joshua
Joshua
Joshua   11-28-2013, 03:57 PM
John, I'm not aware of any surgeons in the U.S. offering ALT phalloplasty other than Dr. Crane. There are a number of U.S. surgeons doing RFF, even more doing ab or groin flap, and a couple doing MLD, but just Crane offering ALT.

Joshua
prettyboicris
prettyboicris
prettyboicris   07-16-2014, 12:50 AM
I had 2 stage radial forearm flap with Dr. Christopher J Salgado in Miami and I'm open to sharing my experience with guys.
Pages (2): 1 2