coolhandluke
coolhandluke
coolhandluke   12-23-2015, 07:07 PM
Hey, I'm Lucas 56yr old transguy from San Francisco. I'm a month and a week healing from my meta, vag removal, urethral lengthening and scrotoplasty. I had top surg. 6 yrs ago from Brownstein and a hysto last year. I'd love to hear about other surgery experiences and how others dealt with the issue of STP.

~ L
Joshua
Joshua
Joshua   12-28-2015, 06:32 PM
Congratulations on your recent surgery, Lucas!

Did you get enough length to STP, or are you looking into devices?

Joshua
coolhandluke
coolhandluke
coolhandluke   12-31-2015, 06:16 PM
(12-28-2015, 06:32 PM)Joshua Wrote: Congratulations on your recent surgery, Lucas!

Did you get enough length to STP, or are you looking into devices?

Thanks Joshua,
it was a matter of time/healing and practice and now I'm getting really good at STP. The start is a bit hit and miss ( haha) but once it gets going I'm great and the finish is getting almost perfect. Not close to being ready for a urinal yet, still unsure of that process.
where are you in your bottom surg. ? sounds like you're getting a phallo?
coolhandluke
coolhandluke
coolhandluke   01-01-2016, 03:59 PM
after I got the catheter out I was a little unsure about how to pee. sitting down worked okay but I felt like I didn't void completely but standing was really messing and stressful cause I didn't want to constantly be cleaning up. I realized that I don't need to pee in the toilet all I need is for the urine to be contained and all I need was a container. I could then empty the container in the toilet.
my god it worked perfectly. I had a container in the bathroom and one in my bedroom so I didn't even need to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night
Joshua
Joshua
Joshua   01-04-2016, 03:09 PM
Yes, my understanding is that there's often some bladder *and* brain re-training needed after urethroplasty. Makes sense. Good to hear you're getting the hang of it!

I'm currently pursuing ALT phalloplasty, but because my original choice of surgeon isn't covered for me, I'm having to start at the consult phase again, requiring a referral I've been waiting a couple of months for, a trip to Europe, then a 2+ year wait list. The timeline is discouraging but there's nothing I can do about it, so onward and forward!

Joshua