notyouraveragejoe   11-30-2014, 09:34 PM
(11-30-2014, 04:40 PM)rj0813 Wrote: So I randomly found this thread again and thought I would give an update. I had forearm phallo with Dr. Crane on May 21, 2014, meaning I am six months post-op now. I am so happy with my result! I was worried that I would always be getting comments on my arm scar, and I did right after I got home and everything looked fresh, but once it healed people didn't seem to notice anymore. I have full mobility and strength back in my hand/wrist, and have had for some time now.

I don't have insurance and paid out-of-pocket, so I don't have any advice in that aspect. It was $75,000 US, plus I asked for a mons resection to flatten out the area (he said I didn't need it but I thought it would look better, and I'm glad I did), which added another $5,000. That was for forearm phallo, urethral lengthening, scrotoplasty, vaginoplasty, mons lipo, 5 days in hospital, anesthesia, 3 follow-up appointments with Dr. Crane, and a follow-up appointment with Dr. Safa (the microsurgeon).

I'm not posting photos online because that is something very personal and private, but I am *very* happy with my results. Any of the doctors/nurses who have seen me at home have been very impressed (two of them didn't even know I was trans until I told them, even as they were looking at it!). I had some hair removal done on my arm prior to surgery but I didn't get done as much as I'd like, so I'm continuing that now and my electrologist always comments on what a great job my surgeon did and that she would have never known if I hadn't told her.

I know that everyone heals differently and has a different experience, but I certainly don't have any "crazy scarring". I have one line that runs along the length of my penis, on the underside. There was a scar going around the base of the penis that was much more obvious after surgery, but now it's barely visible (and would be covered if you kept any pubic hair). And lastly there's a scar from a groin incision, which is about 3 inches long, running from my penis and upwards along the groin crease. It's the only one that's visible (and barely), and looks very similar to a scar you'd have from an inguinal hernia repair - it's not obviously related to the penis.

I know that I will definitely want testicular implants, but I'm on the fence about getting an erectile pump yet. It would be nice to have but I'm worried about infection/erosion, needing more surgeries and maybe getting more scarring, and/or causing damage to things inside. I'm so happy with how things turned out that I'm scared of getting greedy and wrecking it. Does anybody have experience with having a pump placed yet?

I'd be happy to talk more about things and show pictures of my arm through e-mail.

Hey man congrats on having surgery. Instead of Jan u ended up having phallo about 82 days ago with Crane. I had ALT and am totally happy with everything as well. At almost 3 months out things look amazing even my thigh and of course no one even sees it so makes things that much better my. When people see my penis they just think I'm uncircumcised which is cool with me. I have another stage in June for the detailed glansplasty and to place my testicles since he removed the ones I had from my meta and he recreated my entire scrotum.

I'd also like to say join the Brownstein&Crane Surgical Yahoo Group there are post forearm guys that you maybe interested in speaking to. I'm the owner of the group and posted photos there as its a place where crane is recommending guys who come in for consults and those post op to connect for healing support. crane asked me himself to put that group together it's awesome how amazing he is. Not just as a surgeon but as a human being period point blank Smile

Oh yea you may need that
This post was last modified: 11-30-2014, 09:36 PM by notyouraveragejoe.